Thread: 93 Toyota Previa hard starting

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    '93 Toyota Previa LE

93 Toyota Previa hard starting

Hi everyone,

I have a 93 Toyota Previa LE with 244k miles that has been having a starting problem the last few months. When I go to turn it on, especially in the morning, it can take up 5 loooong seconds to turn over. It makes all the right sounds but I just have to often times hold the key down to get it to completely turn on.

I've taken it to several mechanics and either the problem won't manifest for them or everything they've done doesn't work.

New starter, new cold start injector, new spark plugs, cleaned throttle body.. I'm at a loss for what to do. I have not taken it to a toyota specific mechanic but when talking to one they told me a new cold start injector (I got the CJ27 part) would work but that doesn't seem to be the fix. FYI toyota does not make cold start injectors anymore so had to buy an intermotor part.

Any help would be super duper appreciated! Original owner here and have done my best to keep the regular maintenance a priority.

My Van(s):
    92 previa

Re: 93 Toyota Previa hard starting

244K... that's a good run!
    chunking parts at it can be a a headache...try some basic checks. See if these will be of help.
    IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Toyota HiAce

Re: 93 Toyota Previa hard starting

Were you able to resolve the issue? Got any update?