PDA

View Full Version : A loud chirping noise above my sliding door

JFratzke
07-13-2012, 12:22 AM
It has been a constant source of annoyance since I have been driving my van full time---once I am up to speed a loud "chirping" noise occurs where the rolling bracket attached to the top of the sliding door resides upon close. I can be certain it is coming from there because I rode in the back with a stethoscope and found that it is definitely coming from in there. SO I have tried everything I can think of. I started with using WD-40 on the top rolling bracket, with emphasis on the rolling part of it. And for good measure, every other rolling part of the door. That hasn't helped at all, even after multiple tries. So I went to grease, starting with a light spray up to a thick application of white grease. My theory is that the little roller squeaks and chirps once the van is up to speed, but nothing I do seems to help. I have removed that top bracket twice and douched it with lubricants to no avail. I can blast the stereo only so much. I need to get rid of this chirp. Someone else has had this too I betchya, cause it is very distinctive and annoying. Please help. It has got to GO. It takes away from what is otherwise the ultimate driving experience, in my opinion:doh:

timsrv
07-13-2012, 01:52 AM
I would try adjusting the door so it closes tighter.

JFratzke
07-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Once again, Tim is a genius. Adjusted the top and bottom of the door so it would close tighter and the chirping went away. Thanks Tim! :thmbup: