PDA

View Full Version : Question on Idler Pulley Adjuster Removal: 94 LiteAce 2C engine

HappyCamper
06-24-2024, 09:11 PM
Hello, Folks.

I tried to adjust the A/C belt today but I found out that the head of the adjuster bolt was missing. It seems it was snapped off during the last service. That mechanic didn't tell me so. I guess that's why the AC belt has not been tight enough in the first place. So I removed the drive belts (alternator-fan-crankshaft), PS pump belt, and the A/C belt. And I removed the nut at the center of the idle pulley and removed a couple of washers (a big one and a small brass one). The idler pulley is now wiggling up and down the belt tension adjusting bracket but I couldn't figure out how to pull it out.

Would anyone be able to chime in on removing the idler pulley and the tension adjuster? It is located in a deep corner of the engine bay so I could not get a good visual in that area. It seems that I need to replace something similar to this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353899725011?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vdjgviocsqe&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=Tcv9laC3TGy&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Or maybe just the bolt if I can find out the size of it. It looks like an M8.