PDA

View Full Version : Crankshaft Pulley Issue

Gunflint
10-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Hi all.

So, unfortunately I have run into a crankshaft pulley issue. It seems as though the pulley that drives the alternator belts is (or was) fixed to the crankshaft pulley hub via some sort of rubber vibration dampener. I am not sure if this was a friction fit type of a deal, or if it was actually adhered together.

I have found this issue on Ace Answers, (http://www.townace.plus.com/aanswers.htm -> engine mechanical -> pulleys -> Pulley. Crankshaft pulley (I think) 4/10) The problem is other users offered up solutions but the original poster never talked about what they actually did to remedy the situation and if it worked.

So I am trying to figure out what to do. I would love to get my hands on another pulley. It seems like there is one on Alibaba, for $50. Has anyone had any luck with Alibaba?

Does anyone out there have an extra crankshaft pulley for the 2CT engine?

The last ditch effort would be to try and adhere the pulley back to the hub with some sort of high temperature silicone adhesive (as was discussed on ace answers) This would be tricky, I suspect, as even if it did hold, if it was adhered on slightly out of balance it may cause the same problem over time or at worst ruin the crankshaft proper.

Anyone have any thoughts? Luck with Alibaba?

Thanks in advance!
Matt

Ace MM
10-17-2016, 11:44 PM
no experience with alibaba, always been suspect for me, but... i did just submit an inquiry.
i also am waiting for quotes from this place http://jp-carparts.com/
they use the diagram for many of the descriptions with the part numbers. so i saved several pages.

as for the harmonic balancer, never seen one repaired that held up for very long.
the rubber is fused to the metal.

good luck on the search.

Gunflint
10-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Thanks Ace.

Seems as though I may have a couple options..fingers crossed!

I'll fill everyone in on what comes about.

Matt

Gunflint
10-28-2016, 01:09 PM
Just an update. Found one! Coming in fresh from Japan. So dope! Also hoping to replace the front oil seal and waterpump while I'm in there, with a little help from Danny at Vanlife Northwest!

Matt