PDA

View Full Version : JDM slider window size

JDM VANMAN
07-30-2016, 11:21 PM
I was comparing the window sizes of the JDM and USDM vans and I found that obviously the front and rear windows are different but what about all the side windows?? I'm still searching for a source for front windshield and rear window for 89-90 high roof JDM style, if anyone knows of a source let me know thx!!!

I already picked up spares a few months back when I was striping a JDM Van in Canada to add to now my JDM hoard of parts:wnk:

Here's a few pictures of the front, side slider.

Brown Van- JDM Blue Van- USDM

Carbonized
08-06-2016, 09:14 PM
I believe if my memory serves me well, the sliding door window and the driver side window on the US van are not the same size, I removed and rebuilt them both but they are now packed away until re-install. Because of that the US windows would not fit the JDM van. You would have to mount them backward with the overlap facing forward :no:. Then again I might be wrong, worth measuring both.

Carbonized
08-06-2016, 09:37 PM
I just took another look at your pics and realized you already had the measurements Duh!:doh: Left hand drive, right hand drive, driver side, passenger side, left hand side, right hand side.....:dizzy:

JDM VANMAN
08-07-2016, 03:01 PM
The nice thing is the front windows are the same for both vans JDM and USDM so those will still be available used if needed but the center sliders will be hard to find.

I'm still looking for the front and rear windshields for spares.

89TownAce
08-07-2016, 09:05 PM
You're doing God's work my man. Someday I shall call upon you for your glass inventory.

JDM VANMAN
08-09-2016, 12:23 AM
LOL!!! I wouldn't go that far and say that:wnk: I'm just trying to build up my hard to find spares cause you never know when they'll be needed:yes:

TheCrippler
08-09-2016, 02:15 AM
LOL!!! I wouldn't go that far mad say that:wnk: I'm just trying to build up my hard to find spares cause you never know when when they'll be needed:yes:

I wonder what it would cost to have a custom piece of glass made for the sides? The sliding windows don't have the craziest shape or anything. The rear window on the high roof might be another story though.

89TownAce
08-09-2016, 03:43 PM
If my rear window ever breaks I'll probably just make a custom louvered panel or something until I can find a replacement. That glass is basically unobtanium. I searched for a couple months and found only one...in Australia. Would have cost $1500 just to ship it.

JDM VANMAN
08-10-2016, 12:45 AM
$$1500$$ YIIIIKES!!!!

time to make friends with a glass maker!!!

Carbonized
08-10-2016, 09:24 AM
Check polycarbonate wind shield makers, considering the simple compounded shape of our glass panel, their rate might be getting pretty competitive. Plus the safety factor and the different treatments (fogging, UV, scratch, glare, etc) that you can get.. just saying...

Ace MM
09-29-2016, 11:45 PM
Someday I shall call upon you for your glass inventory.
That's a call I don't want to make.

But if you should ever come across a Hiace donor :) spares don't seem optional