PDA

View Full Version : Injection Pump Rebuilder?

89TownAce
11-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Anyone know of a US based shop that could rebuild the fuel injection pump on an '89 TownAce? I'm not looking forward to removing this pump...looks like a proper headache, but once I get it off I need to find a shop willing to tackle the rebuild. I have a few sources here that I'll try, but I know none of them have seen this pump before.

In addition to that, does anyone know the proper part number for an '89 2C-T injection pump? I know it's a 22100 series. There are like a dozen different versions online, but they all say '85-88 TownAce. They sure look the same as my '89 so I'm considering ordering one if I can't find a rebuilder.

Rainman
01-06-2018, 12:52 AM
Central Plains Diesel & Repair
1504 W North St.
Salina, KS 67401
(785) 825-6753 (tel:(785)%20825-6753)
centralplainsdieselrepair@live.com

I work with a guy that used to rebuild diesel injection pumps (Bosch, Nippon-Denso, Zexel, along with many other brands) and he worked with a guy that's now at Central Plains, Mike there is the best. I had him bench test my 1989 MasterAce 2C-T injection pump. They have access to factory Nippon-Denso replacement parts and seals. I am very particular when it comes to trusting other shops with our rare and expensive Toyota JDM parts but I would have no problem having them rebuild one. Nothing but excellent service.

They usually need all/most of the numbers off the tag on the pump. Some of them are serial numbers which are necessary for getting the correct replacement parts.

Check out this site to get the factory number if you can't find it on the pump:
*Be sure to select the correct year, model, frame code, and characteristic, etc.*
http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/jp/1989/town-masterace-v-wg/cr30g-pqzx/5_651130_105_/tool-engine-fuel/2202_injection-pump-assembly#22100

The numbers should be on a small tag on the side of the pump like this:

oli larsen
01-06-2018, 03:45 PM
before you start what is actually wrong with it??
Iv'e been to hell and back lately trying to sort mine out. from many many hours researching old forums and info from around the world it seems common that they start leaking around 65-05 thousand miles. It seems to be most common from the thermo wax coupling seal, the blank plate below it, the top cover seal and if your unlucky the rear seal (where the pipes come out) the first 3 are relatively easily fixed with the pump in the van. the last involves a rebuild ideally. I will get around to writing this up as I've been taking some pics as I've been going. hope this may help.