PDA

View Full Version : captian chairs install

MAYBACH
10-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Hey guys I just bought me a 1985 Le deluxe van and the second row has the beach seat. Well I just picked up these rare captian chairs.. how do I install them? do I have to do some drilling?. The guy I bought em from said it's a easy bolt up but when I took the bench out I didn't see nothing easy.. guy please help me..

highwind
10-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Hey guys I just bought me a 1985 Le deluxe van and the second row has the beach seat. Well I just picked up these rare captian chairs.. how do I install them? do I have to do some drilling?. The guy I bought em from said it's a easy bolt up but when I took the bench out I didn't see nothing easy.. guy please help me..

they should fit just right in the rear

llamavan
10-06-2014, 05:24 AM
1984-85 vans did not have an option for captain's chairs.

You might consider tracking down a 2nd generation ('86-'89) Van. The LEs did have the captain's chair option (but not cargo nor DLX, so bolt-up may not be possible at those trim levels). You'd get more power with an 2nd gen van, too (2.2L vs 2.0)

Gwen

MAYBACH
10-06-2014, 09:33 AM
I can't even track down a second gen van the 1 I have is to f*ing clean. I'll just sell the the seats then. No problem.. motor wise I'm thinking maybee that frs boxer motor