PDA

View Full Version : !st gen front end conversion to 2nd gen?

808SPACECRUZ
08-02-2014, 04:16 PM
really want the 84 van to have the factory fogs and wrap around lights as the 86 and up vans..... has any one done this yet and anybody got info?

ninz30
08-04-2014, 11:06 PM
They look fairly identical. Can you get your hands on a 86-89 bezels?

llamavan
08-05-2014, 06:03 AM
Everything forward of the front door hinges (plus the windshield) is different and non-interchangeable between 84-85 (first generation) and 86-89 (second generation) vans. If you are really serious about getting cornering lights of some kind, you could investigate the non-US markets. Some of those briefly got 1st gen bodies with cornering lights. But the easier way is to just buy a 2nd gen van.

Gwen

808SPACECRUZ
08-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Everything forward of the front door hinges (plus the windshield) is different and non-interchangeable between 84-85 (first generation) and 86-89 (second generation) vans. If you are really serious about getting cornering lights of some kind, you could investigate the non-US markets. Some of those briefly got 1st gen bodies with cornering lights. But the easier way is to just buy a 2nd gen van.

Gwen

ahhh darnit.. thanks Gwen... i read your swap compatability list on tvp and was hoping i could pull it off because i have a 89 le with a blown engine and really bad rust and might pick up a 84 van soon.. really love my 89 front end more but i cant be too picky.... thanx again... wow windshield is different also huh? whats your honest thoughts on the first gens?