PDA

View Full Version : Rear heater/ac confusion

Dio
11-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm trying to get heat to blow from the rear overhead vents but no matter how I set the rear controls it just seems to blow from the foot vents.

I can't quite figure out what the controls are indicating since the lever that seems to indicate head or foot vents also says heat and a/c.

Is it possible to get hot air from the overhead vents? If so how should the controls be set? And if so, where is the vent that the control lever is actually moving? It seems the lever may no longer be attached to a control cable but if I can access and move it manually I'm happy to do so.

Thanks!

llamavan
11-10-2012, 10:51 PM
The upper vents are A/C only; the rear heat comes out the foot vents (behind the engine "hump) only. Having taken all that apart, I can verify that there's no connection between the upper (A/C duct) vents and the heater ducts.

Gwen

Dio
11-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks Gwen.

I suspected that that might be the case but wasn't sure.

I'm preparing for a road trip and since my rear defrost switch is broken I thought that blowing warm air back there might help keep some visibility in the rear. The floor vents aren't much help since I have a storage box/sleeping platform built that butts against them AND an electric refrigerator is near the floor vents too so running them would just make the poor thing work harder.

Oh well. Now I know.